[Amc-list] Re; Collector Car Insurance as I understand it

[Amc-list] Re; Collector Car Insurance as I understand it

SNIP
 <http://www.elitecollectorcar.com> www.elitecollectorcar.com
SNIP
Following is an example of only some of the restrictions mentioned on
this particular site;
SNIP
*	Various Mileage Plans - While your auto should only be driven
for pleasure, we do offer various mileage plans for our customers who
like to do a bit more pleasure driving! Work with your agent to select
the mileage limit that's right for you:
*	Antique, Classic, Collectible, Custom and Street Rod Autos -
Select 1,000, 3,000 or 6,000 miles a year.
*	Exotic and Kit cars - Select 1,000 or 3,000 miles a year.
*	We Let You Take a Trip Without "Counting" the Miles - If you're
driving your car on a special trip, add our optional Trip Exclusion
Endorsement to your policy before you go. Then, any miles you put on
your car during the trip are not counted toward your annual mileage
limit. Ask your agent for details.

SNIP

Note that they are careful not to mention the difference in cost that
these variable options may involve! But they do mention that in
different states these rules could very well be different. I guess that
should not be too big of a surprise.

SNIP
Convenient Payment Options - We offer our customers many flexible ways
to pay the premium on their policies.
SNIP

However they seem to be very flexible in offering multiple plans in
collecting your money. But remember it is for your pleasure. They of
course are good hearted and full of cheer. I am sure that making a
profit was never one of the criteria's.

For what it is worth, I personally would not touch this policy with a 10
foot pole, or any one similar to it.

As for not being able to find some one to write a "collector car policy"
for an electric car I am sure you are not looking hard enough.

A Yahoo search using the following terms;
Insurance +"Electric Car" +"Collector Car"
gave me 9,320 hits and took only .31 seconds to do. I am sure that if I
took a whole second or so and dropped the term "Collector Car"  I could
find more.

But keep one thing in mind when looking for collector car policies. The
whole point of supplying full collision coverage at an almost give away
price and still being able to make money on the sales of the policy is
based upon reducing the risk of damage which in and of itself is assumed
by the very function of defining a collector car.
Parking and driving restrictions (and parking restrictions can be a
beaut!) are part and parcel of these restrictions. The object is to
avoid paying out if possible. Who gave them the right to define what is
a use of a collector car?

The hobbyist did, by wanting something for nothing and jumping at the
very first available cheap price while thinking about such a deal they
got.

Like I said, horror stories abound amongst the hobby.

After all, where else are you going to get a 1962 Rambler insured for
$20,000 in case of damage via an accident or something for $150.00 a
year.
Try getting your new Hundai Sonata insured for $20,000 for that price.

Fat Chance.

John.