[Amc-list] Collector Car Insurance as I understand it.

[Amc-list] Collector Car Insurance as I understand it.

SNIP
Like I said, the few police I've talked to
about some of these things don't have a clue. They just see a neat old
car,
smile and wave!
Mark Price
SNIP
Depending on the state and of course the rules as implemented by the
state, if there is some form of benefits to having some form of antique
or historical license plate that would be up to the state and the police

force responsible to see that those rules are being followed. The
"Collector Car Insurance" would be a whole 'nother animal.
It would first have to meet the legal requirements of the state involved

which would be unique to the state. The benefit of "Collector Car
Insurance"
is to supply the owner with some form of collision coverage for the cash
value of the automobile at extremely low rates in the case of damage to
said car.
Do not be surprised IF the car should be damaged during a circumstance
that
was not allowed by the terms of the insurance and you go to claim
damages
through the insurance company that they WILL refuse to pay for the
damages.
Horror stories abound in the collector car community! 'Specially for
those
who figured they could drive their car with impunity in any way they
chose.
Restrictions of use will very widely by company as does ease of
settlement
if ever needed. In general, the more restrictions there are the cheaper
the insurance is.
John