[Amc-list] The AMC Heritage Forum

After several discussions with folks over on the Eagle Nest forums, and
many other places, I've provided space and tech support, and set up a new
forum, concerned only with the AMC Heritage.

Before anybody gets their panties in a bunch, this forum is NOT designed
to compete with, OR replace the "AMC History" boards on the AMC Forum(s)
that are already out there.

This is more like the premise of my web site, which I don't even know if I
will continue, studying the entire line which resulted in AMC, from its
origins at the turn of the century, until now.

A forum provides a more immediate experience, with discussion and
participation among lots of people, not just some crazy, half-baked web
master...

There are separate boards for discussions about the nameplates from the
past, like Hudson, Nash, Willys, etc., and the various subsidiaries and
foreign operations as well.

We have also provided boards for the discussion of the Modern AMC
Heritage, like the history of the various clubs which have come and gone
(keep it clean, folks), and for remembering the people involved, like
Mason, Teague, Jeffery, and hobby leaders, like the late Mel Valentine,
who I never met, but would have sure loved to, from what I have heard.

Other boards are for discussing the integration (?) of AMC into Chrysler,
the racing and engineering heritage, and more mundane topics like touring
and restoration, as well as general discussions.

Please believe me when I tell you, that this not some wild attempt to
dominate the AMC world, but an honest and sincere hope that we can begin
to put past differences aside, pick up the pieces while we still can, and
provide a way to bring new faces into our beloved hobby.

As a newcomer to this scene, after a 20-year absence, I honestly don't
give a flying fickle finger what Eddie Stakes said about somebody else, or
how AMO and AMCRC feel about something I can't possibly comprehend, or any
of a thousand other things I have heard since returning to the hobby.

That said, there are names we all know, some on this very list, that I
would like to see contributing to these discussions, as a public service
to the next generation (yes, there IS one).

They would include, among many, many, others(and in no particular order):

Frank Swygert
Matt Haas
Eddie Stakes
John Mahoney
Yes, Larry Mitchell
Pleuriticus(you know who you are)
Andrew Hay
John Rosa
Bob Wilson
Larry Daum
Ken Ames
Mark Price
Tom Jennings
Pat Foster
John Elle
Richard Langworth
Gordon Chilson
Jim Stone
Brian Tourville
Bart Mangrum
Kirkwood

As I said, there are many, many others, and no one expects you to give up
your proprietary materials, or even to use your real name.  Just show up
sometimes, and talk about AMC, or clear up misinformation.  If you would
rather dwell on the negatives, and complain about the past, or just attack
people that don't really know any better, that's ok, too.  But there are
already lots of places on the web to do that...  leave it in those places,
I want this to be neutral ground.

Right now it's pretty empty, I only set it up yesterday, with lots of help
from Doug Pederson, otherwise known as Iowa Eagle, of the Eagle Nest
Forums. Legal protection for the Forum, against things like slander
claims, or frivolous copyright infringement suits, is being addressed as
well.

Forums are NOT my cup of tea, but I am willing to make a commitment, right
now, to put out the space, time, and effort to keep this thing going, as a
public contribution to the AMC community. Please stop by and contribute to
the discussion if you will.
mike

PS:  Won't work, can't work, nobody cares, you suck. There, that's all
taken care of.  Now let's fix something.