[Amc-list] Burning rubber or not? (was Re: Saturn SC 2 - 'Regression The

[Amc-list] Burning rubber or not? (was Re: Saturn SC 2 - 'Regression Therapy' -)

My oldest 2 sons worked in a plant in BC (Canada) where they shredded the old tires and made shingles out of them. Far superior to wood (longevity) or tile (price) with an estimated 50-100 year lifespan and have a pretty high R factor. They shape them to look like tile or have wood grain with added materials to get realistic looking colors. I'd use them if I were making another stick built house.

From: "Kelly Hardie" <ramblinguy.kelly@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Saturn SC 2 - 'Regression Therapy' -
To: hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx, 	"AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."
	<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"used Tires are big money "

Not so much. We still have to pay to have them taken away. Every
tire we
sell has a disposal surcharge added. Yeah, they get recycled,
but nobody's
steeling them for the money yet...

Kelly

On 5/16/07, Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well ...YEahh~!........

I hate rust - every car I have / had gets rust from
this NEW YORK weather - even if it isn't WINTER........
acid rains land here from Ohio coal burners - forest is
'burnt' looking - my Cherokee has rot in the quarters now -

I'm using Rust Killing Paint they use on the North Sea Oil
Derrek Rigs - I HATE rust........

that said -

Saturn's Made in America - Saturn is ....... dunno how much
longer
the way things are going -

all the great Saturn reviews I've read are the pre '03 cars -
people LOVE  them........ the '03 and up reviews aren't so
great
and the cars look ugly.

The SC 2 reminds me of those Studebaker 'Turret Top' cars -
'51 ?

Mine has got to be Black ..... maybe Green if I see one -
saw a Yellow....... eesch...

Recycling ?

Yeah - they said the same thing about Tires years ago -
were burning them in pits out in Cali. -

then - someone found a way to strip out the radial metals
& plys - ground up the rubber & made Sandals 'n such -
they sell.......

and - they use the ground up tire rubber in Roadway Tarmac -
repaving roads with used tire rubber in the mix - so NOW.....
used Tires are big money !