Re: [Amc-list] Will ignition wires for a Chevy 6 work on my 196?

Re: [Amc-list] Will ignition wires for a Chevy 6 work on my 196?

" From: Justin Shelton <hydeparker@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" The only convenient parts store does not stock and claims to be unable to even order ignition wires for my 196 engine.  They always want to sell me one of those universal kits, but I think they're a huge pain in the rump, and it makes a basic tune up take a lot longer.
"
" Does anyone know if ignition wires for a Chevy I-6, like a 235, would fit?  I assume they stock these since it's a much more prevalent engine.

probably just about any points-dist i6 set would work; you'd probably
only have a little extra slack in the wires.  going the other way, i
used a chevy set when i put the hei dist into my 199.