Re: [Amc-list] Poly mounts

A: I run the Energy Suspension mounts in my Jeeps (on my '84 J10 with 4.0L and the previous 4.2L as well as my Eagle and the '83 Cherokee I put that 4.5L into). Takes a bit for them to break in, then they feel more normal. I pulled a 5 ton trailer and many other things. I also have the trans mount (universal one) in my J4000 after ripping up a couple stock ones. I have a pair to put into my wife's '82 Spirit when I put the 4.0L head on. (anyone need an '80 4.2L head with the tin cover? Only $50 with cover. In Seattle)
  Wish they made the mounts for V8 Jeeps!

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Amc-list] Poly mounts
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx (AMC List)
Cc: Strokers <strokers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,	"AMC-DelMarVA:
	yahoogroups.com" <AMC-DelMarVA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Who has in the past or currently use Prothanes poly motor mounts
for the AMC six in Cars/CJ's?
  My American has some contact issues when pulling out. Mostly
caused by poor design of the header outlet by the owner! I have
to do some relief work on the left strut bracket. Not too much
just a little recontouring.
  I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to go ahead and
replace the mounts of unknown age.
The poly seems like a stronger idea, but how rough are they? I
know the first sets that came out were extremely harsh. IIRC,
they softened them up, but how much? I don't wnat to rattle my
teeth out of my head anymore than I do now!
 Keep in mind mine is a stick shift car and I do like to dump
th eclutch now and again. One of the reasons I've been thinking
about the mounts and their age!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV