Re: [Amc-list] cam drive gear for distib

Re: [Amc-list] cam drive gear for distib

" From: "Larry R. Daum" <mramc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" If you used
" for example a new distributor gear with an old cam gear. Well they need to be
" a match set, either original old and matched new. If you mixed and match that
" could very well be the problem, if the gears were not a match set.
" Seems a simple
" thing but I'm told the gear need to be a set to work right for some
" reason from the same
" source. Matching manufacturer and hardness I suppose. Larry R Daum
" mramc@xxxxxxxxxxx

just occurs to me - could be the shape of the teeth.  optimum is
mathematically determined and ought to be
standard/universal/interchangeable, but maybe wearing in or
brand-to-brand differences are -just-enough-...