Re: [Amc-list] no guts in the 287

A: See about turning the rotor by hand to expand the springs. I lube the dist each time I tune up (PB'Laster down the stem under the totor works wonders)

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] no guts in the 287
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

well, i have found that the timing advance is shot. i
am not positive however if that is the cause of all my
problem. im doubting it. it idles fine, and in neutral
or park, it rev's just fine. put it in gear, it still
idles, but you try to give it any throttle, and it
wont pick up rpm's. you keep giving it more throttle,
it will bog down and barely run and occasionally die.
i know the timing has a little to do with it. if i
twist the dist. cap a little while giving it throttle
off the carb, idle does pick up a little. this with
the park brake on and front wheels chocked. rear
wheels off the ground. when i take the park brake off,
the wheels spin fine. shifts thru all gears just fine.
tells me it should not be the trans. anyone have any
clues?

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules