From: d stohler [mailto:das24rules@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:54 PM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Amc-list] no guts in the 287

well, i have found that the timing advance is shot. i am not positive
however if that is the cause of all my problem. im doubting it. it idles
fine, and in neutral or park, it rev's just fine. put it in gear, it
still idles, but you try to give it any throttle, and it wont pick up
rpm's. you keep giving it more throttle, it will bog down and barely run
and occasionally die.
i know the timing has a little to do with it. if i twist the dist. cap a
little while giving it throttle off the carb, idle does pick up a
little. this with the park brake on and front wheels chocked. rear
wheels off the ground. when i take the park brake off, the wheels spin
fine. shifts thru all gears just fine.
tells me it should not be the trans. anyone have any clues?

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules