Re: [Amc-list] fwd: Tried-and-true design concepts drive Prius

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> OT so i'll keep it short.
>
> http://www.embedded.com/shared/printableArticle.jhtml?articleID=199501672

AMC content:

"The Prius overall appears to follow the Toyota build philosophy:
standard modules, bits and pieces--from electronics to doors and other
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
components--that readily fit in place, enabling the same vehicle model
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to be built to the same quality standard anywhere in the world."

AMC, RIP. When they did that, it was good. When they stopped
doing that, it was bad.

Will a Prius ever show up in a junkyard, or does Toyota have
some system for that?

PS: when touch screens are mandatory in cars I'll be walking. I
f'ing hate computer interfaces in cars. (Computers in cars are
fine, just not the interfaces.) Voice too. Cars are prosthetic
devices like strap-on limbs, wrestle me, shake me or kick
me, don't bleat or whine at me like some fast-food counter
salesmammal.

You can be sure that in-place advertisements will follow. MARK
MY WORDS!!