Re: [Amc-list] alternate disc-brake conversion kit

On Tue, 15 May 2007, JOE FULTON wrote:

> And why do you need those spacer rings?  Sounds like
> something else that could wear and create free play.

Yeah, an installation sheet/manual online would be most helpful.

It does say "increases track", I'm guessing that the inner
bearing gets shimmed so that the hub and rotor clears the
plate/caliper. But that's just a bald-faced guess.

I'm not convinced that this is a good solution, I'm *hoping*
this is a good solution! It's great that someone is thinking of
this stuff, and tryin out solutions. Even if it has problems it
might be tweakable. I think people like that should be commended
and effort made to help them out.

It's getting harder to find AMC disc brake swap parts, and the
wear parts aren't getting any newer. Relatively modest disc
setups are more than adequate for a lot of drivers.

I'd be happy with non-AMC brakes, I don't think it would in
any way detract from the AMC-ness of my rides.