[Amc-list] I had to back my Hornet Out of the Garage.

[Amc-list] I had to back my Hornet Out of the Garage.

Obligatory AMC content! In order to pull the 1994 Saturn coupe in the
garage to remove the door skin in order to get at the power window
mechanism. Has anyone pulled a door skin off of an early Saturn? If so
are the torx screws, screws or 1.4 turn twist locks or something else.
The plastic has been taking a beating in the sun and these things are
not co-operating and before I break something that I might regret I
would like to have an idea as to what they are?
John

John...
They are torx headed screws. Remove the mirror first, then remove the outer
seal strip. Use a small punch to remove the the center section of the door
handle pushpin. Remove the door handle push pins then the door handle will
separate from the lever. You then can remove the torx headed screws which in
turn remove the outer door skin. If your having problems removing them with
a torx headed screw driver, try using a 1/4 inch ratchet instead. I have had
better luck with a ratchet then a screw driver. More tourqe! Hope this
helps.
AMC content...
No AMC was destroyed, mutilated or crushed in this content!

Bill  Lewiston Idaho