Re: [Amc-list] xj: 2wd AX15 tranny for sale

Re: [Amc-list] xj: 2wd AX15 tranny for sale

" From: Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" > From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
" >
" > From: KLuebs@xxxxxxxxxxx
" > Subject: xj: 2wd AX15 tranny for sale
" >
" >
" > I ended up with an extra 2 wd ax 15 out of a '96 XJ with 55,000 miles on
" > []
" >
" Saw one on www.car-parts.com for $213.00 - the JEEP guys use them for parts.
" One was on NAXJA.ORG - nice shape - couldn't give it away for $100.00.
"
"
" The '97 - '99 2wd AX15 is the one to look for - High Output version -
" larger input shaft with other improvements.
"
" This would be *sweet* behind a 360 set up for crusin' in a light car!

except for the gearing.  much better would be a turbo supra r154 [same
box, car gears] but i don't know if it ever got the same strength
improvements.