Re: [Amc-list] T5 tranny ID?

" From: "Garry Nordstrom" <gasnordstrom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" talking about tranny's, , I am putting that 343, dynoed at 408 HP in the 79
" amx, I am going to reinforce the frame but am concerned about the factory 4
" sp and rear end, my goal is to hit the 10's, last run before retirement,
" then to my 79 concord electric car,,,info apprecitaed, I am not that sharp
" on these things.
" Garry

The 79 factory four speed is an SR4. It won't handle 200 hp very well, 408 will rip it apart!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"