[Amc-list] Shifting gears

Now that the American is road worthy I don't wnat to tear into it too much, but I'd like to buy it something nice to keep it feeling wanted.
  Been thinking of changing out the 82 Spirit shifter for somethign little more precise.
I can't decide between the Hurst shifter for the S-10 or the PRO 5.0 shifter. B&M looks to be little more than a blue anodized chunk of aluminum, so it's not in the running.
  Anyone have any thoguhts, experience with either of these?
This is going on top of an AMC T-5. It uses either the 82-9? S-10 shifter or an 82-92 Camaro shifter, but if the Camaro shifter is used it has to be a PRO 5.0 becuase the hurst is bent in the shifter itself and the PRO is bent in the handle. So, while the PRO shifter appears to be very beefy with a steel top ring to stop distortion. I will likely need to get  a new handle to use it...
  I want to do carpet and insulation, but I don't want to tear it apart now. I figure the shifter can be installed in about 45 minutes tops.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV