Re: [Amc-list] 62 classic shock bushings

A: I discovered some mid '80s Ford (I wanna say Mustang?) factory performance swaybar end link repair kits that worked real well for this. Sorry I don't have the number anymore.

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] 62 classic shock bushings
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

i have replaced the bushings on my shocks like 3 times
this year alone. they keep squishing out of the top
mount. the bottom has only squished out once. they are
to soft. i thought i over tightened them one time. so
i left them just snug. did the same thing. i would
like to find some poly bushings for the shocks, upper
and lower control arms. keep the strut rod bushings
rubber. i think that would still give a decent ride.
poly on the strut rod would be a little harsh im sure.
where can i get poly bushings for the old big car? if
i could just find new rubber would be fine. id prefer
poly tho. i know it will be a little more rigid and im
ok with it.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules