Re: [Amc-list] Door Locks, Keys

I thought the door locks and the ignition key's were the same and the trunk lock and glove box door lock keys were the same. If you give any competent locksmith a key he can make that key fit a tumbler. When I got my orange Hornet it had a GM ignition tumbler and key and AMC door lock key and an AMC hatch and glove box key. The locksmith could not match the AMC door key to the GM ignition switch. I decided to have the orange Hornet's keys made to match the yellow Hornet's so I would not have to carry an extra set of keys. I got a used AMC ignition switch tumbler from a friend in Texas and gave everything to my locksmith and the keys to my yellow car and he fixed me right up. So now one set of keys fits both cars.
"Doc"