[Amc-list] Re; Mustang II Front End, was- 66 American front end replacem

[Amc-list] Re; Mustang II Front End, was- 66 American front end replacement

Frank Stated as follows.
Snip
It isn't usually worth trying to modify an actual MII/Pinto setup
because of
all the time and modifying involved. There isn't a kit that fits in the
64-69
American or even comes close.
Snip
And
Snip
It
costs $1200-$1500 for a complete Mustang II kit with stock type
components (all
new or rebuilt, including manual rack and pinion and stock type disc
brakes).
Snip
While this specifically might be true, I believe it to be a gross
underestimation as
to anything approaching the actual cost unless you are
1. An expert with a Big Hammer.
2. Brutual with a cutting torch.
and 3. Have access to your own private junk yard of misc. parts.
As Example, ]
Southern Rods-Hub-to-Hub Deluc Tube A-Arm Mustang II Front End $1329.95
complete with no indication what it fits!
Martz Chassis, Inc -Prices start at $2500
CPP - Tubular Control Arms Starting at 249 a pair for uppers and $429 a
pair
for Lowers.
Total Cost Involved -Starting at $1799
RBS Auto -Starting at $1799
Fat Mans Fabrications - Starting at $1795
This is just a small example. Now before you get too excited keep in
mind
these prices quoted for Pre-war Ford and Shoe Box Chebby and they are
in stock.
There is nothing to fit AMC!
And the steering is not hooked up yet.
You gotta be serious about not using what is on your car before you go
this expense plus solving the problems that are going to develop. Plus
have
some form of mechanical skills yourself plus welding experience or a big

pocket book.
This is not a  low budget, Rambler mentality, DIY Project.
The AMC front end is not high tech, or sophisticated but it will work
with
a fair bit of reliability and safety if you rebuild the one that is on
your car.
Me, I'm with Frank! I have rebuilt a number of AMC front ends too! I
also
have parts for three on shelves in the garage. they will work o.k. when
in-
stalled.
I'm not ready to junk them yet.
John.