Re: [Amc-list] The question?

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The problem is that no matter how many times I ask myself if the convertible will ever repay the time invested in saving it the answer remains, " NO, not likely".....

But is it fun enough? is the question... It's never worth the
money... :-)

I've realized that cars that are too shiny, I am afraid to use
them.  I love to make them and look at others' better work than
mine, but I hate fussing over them afterwards. Hence the new 63
American will remain somewhat rough, aesthetically-speaking. I
will make it mechanically solid as I can, and if/when I do
the interior, it'll be not-restored. I'll probably save that
one door panel (it's REALLY BAD! but physically one piece,
at least and colors are there) and do it in Moebius' AIRTIGHT
GARAGE/Cold War/desert rat style. And drive the hell out of it,
just like my Classic.

PS: We're going to Dark Skies/Singularity in the Rambler wagon
next week, a Burning Man regional, hauling the new small camping
trailer into a dead dry lake (Roach Lake). Not far though,
some 4 hours away. It'll take me a month to wash the gritty
salt out of it.

Just got new tires today (215/60-R15's) traction A temp A,
some Korean import, wow they're a lot quieter than what I had
on there!