Re: [Amc-list] Scrambler clone on ebay (4.0L in Ramblers)

Re: [Amc-list] Scrambler clone on ebay (4.0L in Ramblers)

Since you do all this record keeping we all have something relatively
accurate to use as a guide though! I average about the same with my 4.6L
EFI stroker in a 3400-3500 pound car. I think the shipping weight of my
wagon is around 3200-3300, but I know I've added a bit more weight plus
weight of fuel, etc.

We should all follow your example for at least a year, then we'd have a
record to show. In fact, I challenge everyone to do just that! As of 01
June, everyone fill up the Rambler/AMC and record the mileage (or write
the date when you start) and fuel use at least through the end of the
year. Write down your engine configuration and weight of the car. Call
the local movers and find out where their scale is - it will cost you $5
to get the weight of your car. I'll do the same thing. This will give us
a nice record of what to expect with certain car weights and engine
combos. If you race, get a few time slips as well, for those performance
oriented. Wouldn't hurt to take your street driver to the local strip
and see what you can do (without being to hard on it!) just for fun, and
post that also. This could be a very useful and informative project if a
good variety participates!!