--------------------------

Date: Saturday, May 5, 2007 03:25 PM
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
<mailto:tomj@xxxxxxx?subject=%5bAmc-list%5d%20195.6%20head%20is%20back>

Hot tanking, magnaflux, valve job set me back $175, and a full
gasket set another $79. (They couldn't find a head set, eh,
doesn't hurt to have extra gaskets).

I had enough old valves and springs so that no new ones were
needed.

They fit Chevy modern type (hat with spring clip) valve stem
seals, so I don't have old rubber in there.

I probably won't get it running this weekend, too much else
to do.

Piston crowns and top of the bore have the usual carbon crud;
should I remove it? I hate the idea of it falling down onto
the top ring.