Re: [Amc-list] 65 classic parts??

Dave,

The sending unit you need is being reproduced and I think they run about
$90. Make sure to get a fuel strainer and a new o-ring for the sending
unit (it should be about another $10 or so for both of these items).
BTW, if the tube in the sending unit is plugged but it works
electrically, you can clean it out with carb cleaner and a piece of
wire. I had to do that to my 68 American.

Matt

d stohler wrote:
> does anyone have a fuel pickup/sending unit assembly
> for a 65 classic fuel tank? mine is all messed up.
> parked for about 20 years with an almost full tank of
> fuel. grrrr....  preserved the tank well. no rust in
> it. the fuel lines just plugged up with all the gummed
> up fuel.
>
> also still looking for a bellhousing, clutch setup
> that will work in a 65 classic.
>
> any help would be great. thanks.
>
> dave stohler
> http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules