Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>

" I worked on an Olds Tornado ('85 I think?) years ago with a
D44 front
" diff separate from the trans that seemed much like the Eagle
one.

that would be the '79-up downsized generation.  sure it wasn't a
gm
10-bolt?

A: Could be. I didn't know as much about diffs back then.

i've always liked the motor homes that were based on the 1st-gen
toronado transaxle.  they're still distinctive.

" My '83 Eagle wagon was 2.37 and the '81 I had was 3.08. (I
still have a
" non-vacuum 3.08 front diff for sale.)

hmmm...  so 3.31s would definitely be on the low side even with
an
o/d.  i vaguely recall that 4-cyl eagles got 3.31s?

A: Some even got 3.73 and 4.10s (SX4s mostly I think)