Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 15:26:48 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

I don't know what I'd do for sure.
If I had it I'd be aiming for as near on to a restoration as possible.
But, I'd want to drive it, so depending on the condition of it's electronics,
it's possible I'd upgdate the controllers.
Once all was operational I'd then drive it and determine if it indeed have the
previously mentioned lockup converter.
  If it did I'd try and make it lock as quickly as I could get it too. maybe as
low as 15-20mph. I don't know if that could be accomplished and if the trans is
designed to build enough presure with the converter locked at low mph/rpm.
   It would be fairly simple to check it out with trans pressure gauges.
  If it did not have the lockup, then I'd proceed to gather up the stuff to put
one in and adjust it as previously mentioned.
   I'm glad you bought it to save it from people like me! Or worse someone who
stripped the electric drive out of it and put a gas engine back in it to
"restore" it!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"