Re: [Amc-list] Model 20 upgrades

" From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Still on that 2.73 ratio stuff. Is there a way to positively identify
" which twin grip differential one has?

if you have multiple chucks to compare, the ring gear flange will be
offset farther from the middle on the 2.73 one[s].

" I thought it prudent to actually find out what part I have, before ending
" up with incompatible pieces. I understand that this differential will not
" fit other ratios. Is that correct?

it also takes 2.56.  2.86 and lower all go on the 'regular' carrier.

there's a 'heavy hummer' [probably the up-armored one], with 3.08s
that -may- fit the 2.73 carrier.  it would make sense from a military
supply point of view.