From: Joe Gray <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx>
John. If i remember right...on the FORD 4 link rear
end assys....there is no need for a panhard bar. Tehy
angles of the four attaching arms keeps the rear
centered/lined up. Thanks,Joe
Snip

Snip
If they mount toward the middle of the rearend and angle to the
frame then one isn't required from information I've read.
Dan Whitehead
Snip

What I was looking at was a parallel pair of control arms mounted
to the outside of the chassis member going straight back to
the axle and attaching between the rotor and the coil spring
perch with the lower arm about 18 inches long and the upper
about a foot or so. These arms were mounted in rubber so that
they could flex if the rear axle moved around a bit. I did not
have the opportunity to look underneath to see what kept the axle
from moving from side to side, but there is no doubt in my mind
that there is something there to do it and it will not be
very complicated to figure it out.

The whole thing was simplicity in a nut shell and looked
like an appropriate solution to mount on a unibody vehicle
and could be done in a manner to minimize stress to the sheet
metal that makes up a uni-body type car.

Of course any dimensions have to be verified for do-ability.

John