Re: [Amc-list] Another Rear Axle option!

Re: [Amc-list] Another Rear Axle option!

The four link may not need a panhard bar depending on how the upper arms are located. If they are parallel with the lowers then a panhard bar would be required. If they mount toward the middle of the rearend and angle to the frame then one isn't required from information I've read.

Dan Whitehead

What you described is a standard four link. Along with a Panhard rod it
would be easy to install. There are aftermarket four link kits, but if
the axle is the right width (the 99 LTD is Fox body based IIRC -- sort
of an oversized Fairmont, so it should be close) that sounds like a lot
cheaper way to get everything. It's something I'll have to remember!!