Re: [Amc-list] NAPAONLINE

Yeah it's too bad, as the physical stores tend to be better
than average. (Our local stor got bad for a while, but they
had some regional guy come in and fix it -- the total boneheads
are gone and the competent ones that stayed on through the bad
times are much cheerier and helpful -- so someone at NAPA is
paying attention).

NAPAONLINE is really homemade ecommerce junk from
the mid-1990's.  it's terrible! Carts that don't work,
searches that fail, lost orders, terrible screen layout,
parts search/description mismatches, it's terrible. Carts
empty seemingly randomly. Sometimes a click for something that
seems trivial ("store locator") takes 3 - 4 minutes to get an
HTML respose.

yesterday I was logged in, had stuff in the cart, did a search
for a NAPA part number.... busy.... never came back. I hit the
ESCape key to stop the browser, clicked search again, it came
back after two or three tries but some items were dropped from
the cart? Then UPDATE cart showed the same items, but when I
clicked on cart in the upper left, my cart was empty.

I closed the window and stopped shopping there. I called them
on the phone and got the one part I needed for sure (master
cylinder).

This time I did not attempt to contact them, but I have in
the past.

Compare rockauto.com. Their online store makes them seem so
much better, but I think that NAPA actually has better parts
selection, and staff knowledge, but you'd never know than from
napaonline. If they did something as good as rockauto they'd
kick butt.