Re: [Amc-list] RE Was: Off with it's head, Now Rope Seal

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM wrote:

> Tom, you do recall these are mechanical lifter engines? Okay, I'm sure
> you do -- you have to know the sound is coming from deeper inside. Just
> a reminder!

At this point I'm operating on the assumption that I was
excessively paranoid. As a hobbiest I've simply not come across
a lot of bottom-end problems to diagnose, and what with all
the Uri Geller rod bending tricks from the top end, I got all
hair-trigger.

Pending the brakes/master cylinder issues, I plan on assembling
it next weekend, if the valve job and gaskets are done/here.