From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM"
<Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Re; Details

There was also a 46-48 Nash Suburban... an Ambassador with "Woody" trim.
http://www.nashcarclub.org/nccaphot/suburban/suburban_mnu2.html
According to the "Chevrolet Suburban" entry in Wikipedia Chevy wasn't
granted an exclusive trademark to the name until 1988. That's most
likely because others used it as well before. Apparently no one took the
time to register the name in the 40s.
-----------
Date: Thursday, April 26, 2007 08:10 PM
From: John Elle <johnelle@xxxxxxxxx>
Snip
Chevrolet Suburban - since 1935 (now at 72 years)
Snip
It is uncommon for two vehicles to carry the same
name while manufactured by two different companies.
The DeSoto Suburban was manufactured from 1946
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1946>
through the 1954 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954>  model year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeSoto_Suburban
 Does that mean that the Chevy truck Suburban was
not called a Suburban during that time?