Re: [Amc-list] 61 flash-o-matic kick down switch

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, d stohler wrote:

> my tsm for 62 classic only talks about a t.v. cable.
> the car im working on is a 61 classic wagon. it has a
> metal vacume line going to the trans, and a momentary
> switch. i got the wires and switch know where they go.
> i can not figure out how/where the swtich goes. there
> is a little tab on the throttle linkage that looks
> like it would be used to press the switch. but no
> matter how i try to set the switch bracket, nothing
> lines up right. does anyone have any pics to help me
> out? thanks.

You can safely drive wthout the switch, first off. It's for
forced-kickdown.

The switch mounts such that when the go-pedal presses the switch
closed when at full throttle. Those switches get crunchy and
stiff with age.  When I had my '62 Ambo 400, in 1973, that
switch gave me trouble back then!