Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

" From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM" <Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" I also agree that it doesn't have to feel like an IC driven vehicle. An
" electric motor with one speed would start to slow and whine like crazy
" at high speed though.

why would an induction or other brushless motor whine?

gears whine.

" Having at least a low and high range would
" eliminate that and make the thing more palatable. That's what made me
" think of using a BW OD unit as a transmission. Basically it IS the guts
" of a Powerglide! That solenoid draws around 5 amps when held in, and
" around 30 amps when activated (at 12V, of course).

better would be some sort of toggle arrangement.  it would hold
without power in either position but need a kick to switch 'over
center'.

i still think that the od unit isn't enough ratio change to be
meaningful with an electric motor.