Re: [Amc-list] Long lived model names

I don;t know if that was the year or not (I think it is) but it's not
that there weren't any of that year, it's just that there's *one* of
that year. It's on display at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling
Green, KY. BTW, this is a pretty cool place to visit. I stopped there
with one of my nephews back in 2003 on the way home from Power Tour and
we both enjoyed it.

Matt

Ken Ames wrote:
> I believe there was a break in the Corvette - no 1983?
>
> Ken
>
> Quoting David Borkman <dborkman@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> John M. asked:
>>
>> n 1974, and for several years thereafter, Ambassador held the claim to the
>> longest-uninterrupted- (save by WW II) use of a model name in auto
>> history.  Over three-plus decades, that title has been eclipsed, despite
>> some of Ambassador's "competitors" having now disappeared also.  Anyone up
>> to a listing?
>> ===
>>
>> Here are some of my candidates for long-in-the-tooth model names:
>>
>> Models still in production today:
>>
>> Chevrolet Suburban – since 1935 (now at 72 years)
>>
>> Chevrolet Corvette – since 1953 (now at 54 years)
>>
>> Ford F250 and F350– since 1953 (F100 was 1953 to 1983; F150 didn’t start
>> until 1973; also at 54 years)
>>
>> Morgan 4-4 – since 1936 ( a bit out of the mainstream; now at 71 years in
>> use)
>>
>> I am sure there are others....
>>
>> Also, for those in the RI -MA-CT area, there is a small auto show and swap
>> meet at the Washington County Fairgrounds on this Sunday (29 April).
>>
>> Dave Borkman
>> Saunderstown, RI

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH