Re: [Amc-list] 287/327 trans. stuff

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, d stohler wrote:

> i like to put tomany what if's into my head. im sure
> everyone here knows how much easier it is to imagine
> cool stuff like that in their head than really do it.
> lol.

The beauty of that vintage stuff is that there were actually
very few combinations of parts, so assuming you want "bolt up"
with zero or near-zero modifications (besides brackets, bolts,
juggling mounts sorta things) you can usually winnow down the
likely parts choices pretty quick.

I have no 60's V8 stuff at all, but I do have 60's six engine and
transmission mating parts (alum BW, 2 - 3 manuals, bellhousings,
shim plates, flywheels, torque-c's, clutches, starters, etc)
for just this reason. Only one TT trans though (T98/OD).

If you want photos or measurements or like that to check,
lemme know.