Re: [Amc-list] Turbo Gen. 1 AMC Engine

I don't have any info on the turbo GEN-1 car except what I remember: it was a 63 or 64 Classic two door with a 287 running 20 psi boost from a single blow-through turbo. I beleive it ran 13's on six cylinders -- two had bent pushrods and broke rockers. I don't know what rear axle was used or transmission. From what I read about the NASCAR 66 Ambo, rocker arms can be a problem when these engines are pushed. Maybe aftermarket BB Ford or BB Mopar shaft rockers can be adapted?

Tom has some GEN-1 info collected by Roger Taylor here:

http://www.wps.com/AMC/Rambler-327/418-cid v8.htm

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"