[Amc-list] Hillborn Injection for Rambler V8 - former Turboboost.com -

[Amc-list] Hillborn Injection for Rambler V8 - former Turboboost.com -

>From Greg Taylor -  'defunct' www.Turboboost.com site:

Shown below is a PRELIMINARY comparison of the Hilborn SB Chevy and
Rambler V8 intake manifolds, since the SB Chevy (350) intake  appears
to be a good candidate for ADAPTING to the Rambler V8 engine.  The
SBC intake is physically narrower than the Rambler intake and is
slightly shorter.  Both the SBC and Rambler intakes share a near-
perfect port size and pairing, so the manifold adapters should work
well, mating the "Brand-X Chevy" intake to the Rambler V8 cylinder
heads.

Another difference between the two intakes are their mounting face
angles.   The Rambler measures 45-degrees each side, totalling 90-
degrees, while the SB Chevy measures 35-degrees for a total angle of
110-degrees.  These angle differences do complicate the fabrication
of an adapter since flat stock can't be used (like was done on the
AMC-to-Rambler intake adapters).

I will be mocking up the SB Chevy Hilborn manifold on the Rambler
engine block/heads, will design the adapter in CAD and have a few
sets CNC machined for testing, I'll keep you all informed of my
progress!

<~~>

SBC intakes for your ......... Rambler ..... anyone ?

        =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe
   "The Heretic"