Re: [Amc-list] 327 valve interchange?

Speaking of blanks, about 15 years ago when I got my 195.6 cam reground,
a Lunati rep told me they might have some blanks for the GEN-1 AMC V-8.
That was before Holley bought Lunati, so there may have been some "house
cleaning" of old stuff. When one company buys out another, they can
clear out "unsalable" inventory and take a big write-off on the
wholesale value (the actual cost when the stuff was purchased). If they
sell it they have to reduce the write-off by that amount. So they
usually sell it for the scrap value if it's easily recycled, or just
trash it as Chrysler did lots of really old inventory when they
purchased AMC. It's regrettable to us old car guys, but standard
business practice.