Re: [Amc-list] oops bent 'em again again

Re: [Amc-list] oops bent 'em again again

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
"
"
"
"
" I know it's common knowledge a modern AMC six won't fit, but
" since I had two cars side by side I did a quick check.
"
" To drop a 232 into a 63 American would require an additional
" 5 inches of length!  With a "medium" water pump pulley, 3"
" or so, the front of the pulley would be out past the front of
" the radiator (which is forward of its brackets).

i've wondered if a ford 200/250 would fit.  the 144/170/200 as late as
'66 or '67 were teamed with a tranny that looks a lot like [and i'm
pretty sure is] a t96 - little peanut 3sp, 4 bolt top cover...  it
must be longer than the 196, but maybe not -too-much- longer.  but
assuming you get this far, you couldn't use the australian/argentinian
12-port head; the head would fit but the intakes are very wide.

even if it fit, the 250 would require a tranny swap, because it has a
different bellhousing pattern than the 200 and was never teamed with
anything remotely like the t96.