Re: [Amc-list] URGENT HELP NEEDED FOR '69 AMX

Re: [Amc-list] URGENT HELP NEEDED FOR '69 AMX

Hi Dave,

I have some measurements for you.  They aren't quite consisten as they
should be for a new car.  My car has had some damage in past.

I laid a long moulding strip on the garage floor. and marked with with a
carpenters square at the locations:

A>  Front end bottom front lip of wheel well.
B>  Front end bottom rear lip of wheel well.
C>  Bottom rear corner of door opening.
D>  Rear wheel well at bottome front lip.
E>  Rear wheel well at bottom rear lip.

A>B   DRIVER SIDE 30.7/8 / PASS SIDE 30.3/4 INCHES
A>C   DRIVER SIDE 90.1/4 /  PASS SIDE 90.1/4 INCHES
A>D   DRIVER SIDE 98. 1/4 / PASS SIDE 98.3/4 INCHES
A>E   DRIVER SIDE 126.3/4 / PASS SIDE 127.1/8 INCHES

D>E   DRIVER SIDE 28.3/4 // PASS SIDE 28.1/4 INCHES
C>D   dRIVER SIDE 8 INCHES /// PASS SIDE 8.1/2 INCHES.

MY 69 AMX  has had past body damage on the front left fender which was
repaired mostly by my own body work which was not exactly perfect but
was as close as I could get it.  And there was similar damage plus some
rust on rear right quarter.  Both of these areas had some welding
repairs and patches and some reconstruction with AllMetal and then was
brought to finish in the usual manner with some bondo adeed to the
surface and primer and much blocking and then painted with modern stuff
at original color formula.

So, it ain't perfect for these measurments, but it might be helpful to
you.  I'd like to know the measurements for some others peoples cars, if
you can pass that info back to me as well as to Dave here.

Anyway this is what I came up with here in my garage.
Ralph Ausmann  -  Hillsboro, OR - > <ralph.ausmann@xxxxxxxxx>
http://mysite.verizon.net/res79g4m/ ... and "check the links"