Re: [Amc-list] oops bent 'em again again

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> NO! NO! You're in the sixties! Remember!
> Pull the crossmember and head!
> Pop out the rods and pistons.
> Ball hone.
> New rod bearings.
> New rings.
> The rest will be OK!
> At least thats what they did in the "old days".
> Where's you sense of adventure.

Dammit you're right -- that's the smart route. The valve stems
may be rusty from sitting (like some pushrods) but if just
gunked up that's easy.

If I do all that above and find a serious problem, well it had
to come apart anyways.

Ring blowby seems to be like a new car -- while it's still
running I'll do a compression check just for the info. If it
was recently reringed I won't even do those. The block is clean
with a "REBUILT ... POWER PAK" tag on it, so this isn't (only)
wishful thinking.

> Oh, I'm only making a suggestion of a quick fix.
> Could bite you if done this way or run forever!

Back to the future it is. If it bites me I'll drive the other
63 Rambler.