[Amc-list] More gas tank inquiries

Message: 11
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:51:55 -0700
From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] More gas tank inquiries
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Since I am converting my '82 Spirit to EFI, and the current tank is
heavily rusted inside, I was looking for a replacement tank to put
in.
(haven't tried any XJ, MJ or ZJ tanks I have around yet)

<>

That would have the Fuel cap under the rear license plate ?

Buying a New Tank - opening it up & modding it seems to
be the only answer if you keep this Fuel Filler location.

Cutting the entire Fuel Filler Door / box assembly out of
a Cherokee & grafting it to the side skin of the Spirit &
tossing in an EFI Tank from said Cherokee would solve
two problems quickly:

1. Providing EFI Tank / Fuel Filler Door for Spirit

2. Remove the 'Event' of exploding Fuel Tank when you
    get hit from the rear - ala - Pinto.......... but then the Spirit
    isn't 'Genuine' anymore & all those Factory Code Dated
    paper tags on your Genuine Factory Date Coded Radiator
    Hoses will depreciate....... ! ......RM  ?

        =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe
   "The Heretic"