[Amc-list] Least Coast vs. Left Coast, old ramblers

[Amc-list] Least Coast vs. Left Coast, old ramblers

OK, most AMCs may be on the Least Coast, they're fairly rare
out here on the Left Coast, but the few that come here often
retire rather than die.

I took some pictures of the inside floor pan of the 63 American
I just got from Joe. I stripped out the carpet etc and $12 of
quarters at the car wash revealed this:

http://wps.com/temp/driver-front-pan2.jpg
http://wps.com/temp/driver-front-pan.jpg
http://wps.com/temp/inside-pass-front-fender-top.jpg
http://wps.com/temp/left-cowl-low-inside.jpg
http://wps.com/temp/pass-front-pan1.jpg
http://wps.com/temp/pass-front-pan2.jpg
http://wps.com/temp/pass-rear-pan1.jpg
http://wps.com/temp/sans-cover2.jpg
http://wps.com/temp/trunk1.jpg
http://wps.com/temp/trunk2.jpg

No rust! Some of the orangey stuff that looks like rust is
actually brown water left over from cleaning.

This isn't so good but repairable:

http://wps.com/temp/roof-ribs.jpg

This was a surprise to me though, what greeted me when I
pulled the valve cover. It's still a little surprising and
unexplained. As you can see the motor looks like it was
"recently" rebuilt. No smoke or blowby.

http://wps.com/temp/sans-cover2.jpg