Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 03:15:19 -0700 (MST)
From: amesk <amesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Transmission..(TWO SPEED REAR END)
Markings up to about 1972 were stamped on the bolt flange of the cover.
You may have to look hard to find them after this long. If you're lucky
they were covered in oily dirt and preserved. Later they were stamped on
a flat spot of the centre section near where the axle tubes enter the
centre section. Viewed from the rear.
__
                     | / \ |
|========== x=========| x marks the spot.
                    | \__/ |
KEN AMES email: amesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Curt Hall wrote:
> I agree with Kim, you should not have> to take off your cover; just
> mark your tire> and drive shaft and count.
>> Per some previous mail on this list:
>
> /***** DIFFERENTIAL CODES *****/
> For 8-7/8" rear ends (most V8's):
> Standard Posi ratio