From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Standard rear axle ratio ID code, breakdown, location....Model
15, 20
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:18:31

Hey Jerry, that "crude C" must actually be a G -- the six cylinder Gremlin
should have a
Model 15 axle. The Model 20 was used in V-8 equipped cars, but could be
ordered as a
heavy duty unit (rare in the Gremlin). Easy way to tell is model 15 has the
fill hole inthe
cover, model 20 doesn't. It's an AMC axle if it has the big nut holding the
hub on,
otherwise it either has aftermarket axles or is from anopther manufacturer.