Re: [Amc-list] ? bored yet ? tell me a story, I'll go first!

Re: [Amc-list] ? bored yet ? tell me a story, I'll go first!

Sorry this is old.
I haven't been online till today.
S10 2wd axle is 54" wide
American axle 56.5" wide
Spring perches on the S10 are at 38" on center
Spring perches on the American are at 43" on center
Bolt pattern is 4 3/4" on the S10
Bolt pattern is 4 1/2" on the American
So no it's not a bolt in. But it is one of the few axles out there that is actually narrower then the Americans axle.
Dual pattern steel wheels are still made so you can decide on your own if you need to redrill the pattern.
Spring percehs aren't that big of a deal to change.
You need a 2 wheel drive axle.
Two rings are available
7.625", everything used this one, note it is slightly larger then a stock amc-15, many ratios available
8.5" , this one will be found in V6, 5 speeds, 3:08 ratio most all, 3:42's have been advertised on eBay in s10 blazers in the 2003 era, give or take a year. The 8.5" is hard to find, 3:42 ratio harder still. Big ticket items on Evilbay!!!
Disc brakes can be found on both axles as options.
Tracion loc, posi, etc can be found on both. If you find the 8.5" don't get picky, your best bet is to buy it at a good price when found and upgrade it to meet your needs.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Russell Neyhart <rtneyhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>