[Amc-list] Re; Motocraft Install

Snip
 OK, I looked at the carb and maybe it is not a 2100 I am not sure but
it
 does have an external feed for the power valve.  Where should I hook
this
 to or should I just leave it hang?
Snip

I did a bit of research on this question, and although I did not find a
positive description of this component up through 1988, I did find that
about 1985 or so or a bit before, the vacuum diagrams for the 2100
equipped
V8 engines started to show a manifold vacuum connection to this location
on the vacuum diagram schematics for this engine as used in the Jeep. I
did not check Ford applications for the same information. There was no
information  on this application until some time close to the middle
80's.
I would hazard a guess that this carburetor was not used on AMC Jeep
V8's
until the early to middle '80's.
John