[Amc-list] Mariner wagon here on the coast

[Amc-list] Mariner wagon here on the coast

Since Tom alluded to my trip to LA this weekend to
deliver the Rambler, I thought I would relate a
happening on my way down there.

I had stopped at the Lost Hills exit of I-5 overnight
and parked with the Rambler on the car trailer behind
my pickup.  I parked next to a Jack-In-The-Box
restaurant and not two minutes after I parked the
truck a guy came out and asked me if I was a Rambler
nut.  I of course admitted my sickness and he said he
had a 69 Rebel Mariner wagon in Santa Cruz that he
uses for a daily driver.  He collects Studebakers but
found this wagon and loves how it drives and handles.
He said it is a very good car.  We talked Ramblers and
he looked over the little 63 hardtop and agreed that
it was too good to part out.  I told him Tom would
probably have it on the road in a week.  Turns out Tom
beat my estimate by six days.  The guy from Santa Cruz
and I exchanged phone numbers so I might have another
set of eyes watching for Ramblers in the weeds.

This whole incident makes me wish for an orphan car
meet here on the Central Coast somewhere.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA