[Amc-list] Pushrod installation on 232 engine

[Amc-list] Pushrod installation on 232 engine

I had a valve job done on the head and have it re-installed partly. the head
is on but I am in a quandary as to the best (and easiest) way to re-install
the pushrods.  If I had a tool to depress each valve spring, perhaps I could
do it. if I take the rocker assy. off AI probably will not be able to screw
it back on due to the valve spring tension.

The shop that did the valve job replaced the foreword stud in the head that
the exhaust manifold bolts up to. The stud is either too long or they didn't
seat it all the way to the bottom. This causes the exhaust manifold NOT to
clear the space between the water pump and the stud. I really don't want to
take the W/P loose to get the manifold by the pump and I can't find a pair
of vise grips large enough to break that stud loose from the head and
replace it.  It hasn't been a really great day so far.  I am afraid to grind
off the edge of the mounting tab on the manifold to clear the W/P. I afraid
it will weaken the manifold and it will crack and REALLY ruin my day!

Jay in FL.