Re: [Amc-list] Radiator Cap, now exploded battery

Re: [Amc-list] Radiator Cap, now exploded battery

Because we've been talking about bad experiences with radiator caps, I
thought I would relate my story about batteries that explode because they
got hooked up wrong to charge or jump start.
The instructors at tech school brought in a service mechanic one day from a
local shop. A battery had blown up in his face. His eyes looked really bad,
very red and bloodshot, swollen and painful, his face was deep red from the
acid, he wasn't wearing his safety glasses and was looking at the battery
when he made the final connection (wrong).  It exploded battery acid into
his face...........  He was lucky he didn't loose his eyesight.
It was a great lesson I still remember, and I always look away when I make
the last connection and don't have safety glasses handy.

Armand