From: Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM
[mailto:Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 9:54 AM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] "66 Ambo with flathead six..."

AMC content -- I had one regular "little old lady" customer with a
stripper '66 Ambo with a flathead 6 and 3-on-the-tree.  Always thought
that was weird.   It was kept in a little one-car garage at her house a
couple blocks away, and she would occasionally get it sideways in the
garage somehow (too much wine, I think).  She'd call about once a month,
and I'd have to make a service call with a floor jack to get the car
straightened out in her garage so she could get it out.  Ahhhhh;
memories................
------------------------

Methinks the memory isn't working as well as it should!! The flathead
was only used in Americans. Now it's very possible to put a flathead six
in a 66 Ambo, though I have no idea why one would want to do so. 90 hp
in that big a car would be "rough" to say the least!! 65 or 66 would
have been the first years a six was available in the Ambo, and 65 was
the last year of the flathead in the American. You sure that wasn't a 65
American???

We all have "memory snafus" occasionally. Even the youngsters when
recalling something that happened several years ago -- it's not just us
"older" guys!!